At UHC, our focus is on helping people live healthier lives. As we work to better serve all populations, we have identified a need to look beyond the traditional path of member services. myConnections’ mission is to transform the UnitedHealthcare Community & State business by expanding from Medicaid into the balance of government assistance programs for the poor. Our commitment to innovation has lead us to even more new ideas and an interest in better understanding how we can work in communities to help drive real change.
As a Community Health Worker, you will serve as liaison with consumers seeking myConnections services in the State of Arizona. You will be the point of first interaction to evaluate consumers’ social needs, identify appropriate resources, and make referrals to local community-based organizations.
**This position is based out of Chicano Por La Causa center Maryvale Community Service Center with other / additional work locations TBD**
- Act as representative of myConnections to both consumers and community partners
- Conduct intake and follow up with consumers, using software on a tablet and PC, to establish rapport and trust as well as assess most urgent needs
- Refer consumer to appropriate social services provider based on intake information, consumer socioeconomic status, and consumer’s schedule
- Understand the target population through experience by integration into to the local community
- Recognize local social service providers that connect with target population through community relations
- Function as an advocate for consumers
- Collaborate with onsite Navigators to ensure coordinated plan is implemented for each consumer
- Ensure intakes and referrals are documented in a timely manner
- Contribute to community education and outreach efforts