Case Manager II General Liability-Claims Management
JobTitle: Case Manager II General Liability-Claims Management
- Contributes to risk and accident control in stores
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Determines eligibility for, and value of, a claim
- Follows good faith claims practices defined
- Manages monetary aspects of assigned claims
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Negotiates with injured customer, customer's attorney, or third party to bring about claim resolution
- Obtains and maintains state license(s)
- Prepares and shares relevant information with involved parties (for example, customers, store associates, third party insurance carriers, suppliers, attorneys, policy holders, medical providers, witnesses, government agencies) to keep claims processing efficient and timely while maintaining the Walmart reputation
- Processes moderately complex cases involving bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage within the General Liability group (for example, cases involving minor customer injuries, libel, slander, HIPAA violations, minor property damage, physical injury from product/prepared foods, retrieval of monies of claims paid
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Have an Insurance Adjuster license OR will obtain an Insurance Adjuster license within 6 months of job entry date.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience in any legal-related field.
- 1 year experience in any medical-related field.
- 1 year experience working in a Walmart store.
- 1 year general customer service experience.
- 1 year insurance industry or claims experience.
- Insurance adjuster license.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.