Case Manager III, General Liability-CMI
JobTitle: Case Manager III, General Liability-CMI
Are you searching for a rewarding career where you can make a difference?
As an insurance adjuster professional at Walmart, your job isn’t just the industry of claims and losses; we are in the business of people. Our claims adjusters help our associates and customers get back to their everyday life after an unexpected accident or injury. This can be a stressful hardship for those impacted by a loss, so we are seeking people with a passion for helping others.
Even if you have never ventured into the world of claims adjusting before, we will teach you the essentials to get a good grasp of our company’s ideology with regards to our claims-handling practices. With a front-of-the-industry training program paired with the Walmart culture ingrained in all that we do, it’s no wonder why so many industry professionals seek out a career with us.
Our case managers are licensed claim adjusters and must maintain good standing with state licensing requirements. They are responsible for investigating and managing insurance claims involving losses, accidents, and injuries that have occurred to Walmart property, associates, and customers. They manage multiple cases simultaneously; working directly with customers, associates, and vendors to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner. Our case managers must follow good faith claims practices while managing the monetary aspects of their assigned claims. Our case managers model compliance with company policies and procedures while supporting our company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Our successful claims adjusters possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proficient computer skills to navigate our digital claim file systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical skills to manage medical and legal aspects of claim handling.
- Ability to professionally interact at a high level with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively influence others without damaging relationships.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and work practices.
- Excellent time management, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- 1 year's experience in a medical, legal, claims, or insurance related field OR 2 years' of proven customer service experience OR a Bachelor's degree.
- Have an Insurance Adjuster license OR will obtain an Insurance Adjuster license within 3 months of job entry date.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years' experience in medical, legal, claims, or insurance related field and a Bachelor's degree.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.