Category Manager, Womens Apparel
JobTitle: Category Manager, Womens Apparel
City: SAN BRUNO
No two days are the same for the Walmart.com Merchandising team. It’s exciting and things change rapidly, except one component: we’re always 100% customer-centric! With instant access to products, services and information online, customers expect choice, ease, and personalization. Innovation and leading edge technology enables our team to analyze deep customer insights and market data at scale. Our team of strategists, site merchants, buyers, creative types, UI designers (and more) collaborate together, utilizing big data innovations and analytics to enhance omnichannel experiences for our customers.
As a Category Manager, you are responsible for managing a compelling assortment within the high-growth Womens Apparel category for our customers at Walmart.com, Jet.com, and our other web properties. It’s your job to oversee a team to effectively develop a suite of products – determining assortment by analyzing market trends, negotiating costs, managing pricing, content and experience which lives up to our brand promise – and ensuring business plans are a “win-win” for our customers and our business. Creativity, agility, and passion will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information and partnerships across multiple cross-functional touch points – providing forecasts and business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. You’ll be accelerating like an entrepreneur with the resources of a big company.
You won’t do this alone. You work within world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. Your job is to bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Manage a team of several specialists who are focused on optimizing a discrete set of products as they and you
- Build a category within Womens Apparel ensuring we have the right product assortment with optimized supplier relationships (owned, DSV, marketplace) and costing to efficiently deliver the items to the customer
- Ensure product has the right content (rich and static, UGC, etc) to enable customers to find exactly what they need from our assortment of tens of millions of items, make outstanding decisions, increasing customer satisfaction and decreasing returns
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Merchandising and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Drive sales and gross profit through the optimization of the product assortment in assigned department or categories
- Maximize the return on inventory investment in partnership with the Merchandise Planning team, cross-functional partners, and suppliers
- Closely monitor results and react quickly and effectively to mitigate issues and leverage opportunities
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
- 5+ years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting, product selection, margin management; ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of Managerial experience developing Assoc. Buyers and Buyers and/or Site Merchandisers
- Experience in the fashion industry
- Proven track record of developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Have managed and maintained open-to-buy
- Driving growth in extremely competitive environment
- Sound business judgement: taking calculated risks which pay off most of the time to accelerate the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Travel required roughly 1-2 times per quarter
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.