Category Specialist - eCommerce Retail Program, Experienced
JobTitle: Category Specialist - eCommerce Retail Program, Experienced
City: SAN BRUNO
The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.
About Walmart.com and Jet.com About Walmart.com and Jet.com
Work at a startup and the Fortune 1 Company at the same time: We are transforming e-commerce by combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service. We’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Join a mission-oriented company that cares about customers and the environment: You will be making a real difference by helping busy families save money and time so that they can live better, and you will be part of a company that is using its strengths to promote the well-being of people and our planet.
Be part of a diverse, dynamic and fun work culture: Product managers, Merchants, Marketers, Engineers and Designers collaborate to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture. We’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliantly.
As the owner of your category you will be developed and trained to:
- Manage and monitor onboarding and item set up process to make sure products are available and ready to sell.
- Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing/ enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
- Manage Item / category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content. Find new ways in which our customers can discover your products at our sites.
- Optimize item and category pricing. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors.
- Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities.
- Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
- Travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background
- Possess a Founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it.
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your business and polish the customer experience.
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer.
**Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.**
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Open to working in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing program.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Fast learner; absorbing information and experiences and applying them.
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.