Ensures efficient operations of one or multiple locations and/or distribution centers. Responsibilities may include financial management, operational performance and analysis, planning and execution, distribution, fleet management, inventory management, vendor management, and leadership, including performance management. Not responsible for sales.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESReceives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.