Change Implementation and Release Network Engineer
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
"What You'll Do"
Cisco Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) group seeks a Change implementation and Release Engineer with expertise in Routing & Switching technologies. You will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be working in a matrix environment with Change, Incident, Problem Managers as well as Project Management, Advanced Services and Technical Support teams to provide best possible service to dedicated customers. Your primary responsibilities will be to execute Change and release requests, deployment and occasionally troubleshooting.
"Who You'll Work With"
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table. Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers.
"Who You Are"
● Further education degree with several years of related experience in IT industry.
● Customer Support/Managed Services Experience preferred
● Excellent TCP/ IP networking skills
● Understanding & knowledge of various switching protocols. E.g. STP,PVSTP,MSTP,LLDP etc.
● Understanding & working knowledge on various Cisco IOS,IOS-XR & IOX-XE
● Experience with Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches
● Experience on Cisco ASR9k,ASR1k
● Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, ISIS and BGP)
● Solid Communication Skills (Written/Verbal/Presentation)
● Solid team player
● Flexibility in working hours as some migrations will require weekend and after hours’ work.
● Ability to troubleshoot implementation problems during migrations.
● CCNP or CCIE R&S/SP desired, but nor mandatory
● Understanding & hands on experience of Cisco Nexus Switches
● Experience with MPLS technology including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering
● Troubleshooting various MPLS & its application related issues. e.g. VPLS/MPLS-TE etc.
● Python knowledge desired.
● Fluency in soundness disciplines (availability, security, etc.) and operational disciplines (systems management, change management, etc.).
● Understanding of ITIL framework would be add-on
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.#LI-HH1