Chief Underwriting Officer
Job Code: 399158
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the Chief Underwriting Officer role will have direct responsibility for national leadership of all Underwriting functions and corresponding resources across Prudential Group Insurance. As a key member of the senior leadership team for the business, the CUO is responsible for delivering on Prudential's Value Proposition, and driving excellence and innovation within the Underwriting function.
The CUO will be a transformative business leader with a strong track record of success in the Underwriting marketplace.
Strategic and Operational Excellence:
- Accountable for the overall development and implementation of strategy, budgeting, goals, results and staff development.
- Drives towards the achievement of the business unit’s multiyear plan objectives, with particular emphasis on the execution of its pricing strategy.
- Develops Underwriting strategy that optimizes service, profitability and risk management.
- Provides an organizational structure solution to meet company service, control and profitability objectives.
- Cultivates Strategic Partnerships with key Group Insurance stakeholders including, Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT, Claims Actuarial & Finance.
- Develop and implement short and long range plans that will enhance the operating efficiency and bottom-line accountability within the business segment.
- Promote a positive image of Prudential by initiating, developing and sustaining effective business relations with all key stakeholders (customers, distribution partners, executive leaders, etc.) in the communities served by the organization.
- Work with marketing and field leadership to develop and maintain positive relationships including brand recognition for the organization and its products and ensure the organization excels in meeting the evolving needs of its target customers and core markets.
Talent Management and Leadership:
- Recruit, select and retain highly qualified professionals.
- Provide the leadership necessary to maintain a motivated, productive and competent team through open communication and delegation of responsibilities and authority within a heavily matrixed operating environment.
- Is a team leader and builder and has an eye for talent with the ability to maximize resources and capability to deliver business results.
- Actively engage key stakeholders to proactively support strategies.
- Strong mentoring, relationship building, planning and organizational skills.
- Guide and direct subordinates in their personal and professional development.
- Create a working environment where productivity can be sustained and accomplished and where innovation and personal growth is encouraged and realized.
- Drive the GI culture of caring, committed, and courageous partners.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation, collaboration, negotiation, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience leading an Underwriting Operation with Group Insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, with MBA preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Underwriting