For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Drug Intelligence Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for the research of new and existing medications and the evaluation of medical literature. The Drug Intelligence Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of drug intelligence services including but not limited to Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) committee support and clinical (internal and external) communications related to P&T matters. The chosen candidate must be willing to work in both a team environment and also work well independently. The chosen candidate must be willing to support tasks and projects outside of standard duties.
*** This position can be based in either our Schaumburg, Illinois office or our Irvine, California office. ***
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ideal candidate possesses strong clinical, written, and verbal communication skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain new drug monographs and therapeutic class reviews
- Participate via phone or in person in P&T committee meetings and facilitate client and internal P&T committee processes
- Oversee projects from inception to completion
- Continuously look for ways to streamline and improve the quality of drug information processes
- Provide responses to drug information requests
- Be aware of current and emerging trends in clinical information, treatment guidelines and formulary review strategies
- Assist in training and mentoring of pharmacy residents, students, and interns
- Other activities as determined by the Sr. Director, Drug Intelligence or Manager, Pharmacy & Therapeutics