Cloud Operations Engineer (SRE)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our Spark micro-services
- Create and deliver automation software required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our services
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to pro-actively detect and prevent their reoccurrences along with driving down time to resolution
- Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi- datacenter distributed systems
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
- Partake in the periodic on-call duties for provided services
We are seeking a DevOps professional or Software Engineer who is passionate about developing automation software to automate infrastructure provisioning, scalability and code deployment of enterprise cloud microservices.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of technical hands-on role
- Experience in one or more languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with executives and business partners.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems
- In-Depth knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies with Jenkins and others (hudson and AntHillPro)
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Consul, Nginx, HAProxy, and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- ""Cloud"" (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
Apply on the Company Site