Cloud Systems Engineer
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a cloud systems engineer with 8-10 years of Industry experience in a large enterprise similar to Cisco.
Ideally, candidate will have
* Strong Linux Administration and virtualization Skills
* Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: Openstack
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Puppet
* Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, testing and deployment phases of the application life-cycle
* Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/, logging, reporting/dash boarding, and continuous delivery technologies
* Must have 2-3Experience with programming and scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl
* Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker
* Experience managing end to end cloud infrastructure is a big plus
* Should be a thought leader with excellent communication skills
Who You’ll Work with
Our team manages Cisco IT datacenter across the globe. With more than 30k systems to manage, 100+PB storage and Cisco own internal private cloud, we are the most innovative and cutting edge technology team in the industry.
Who You Are
You must be a talented individual who can manage our growing linux infrastructure with experience in openstack and vmware technologies. With that knowledge you will help us in not only manage our internal cloud but also help automate our infrastructure using your python skills.
Minimum requirements for this role:
8-9 experience of managing linux operating system
5-6 experience with VMware or openstack
2-3 years of experience in python
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.