COBRA Account Administrator - Wausau, WI(Job Number:699935)
Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to bill and collect COBRA premium for multiple lines of coverage. Works directly with customer and coverage vendors to set up benefit plans directly into our system. Responsible for timely entry of participants into the WebCOBRA application as well as entry into the CPS eligibility system. After balancing cash, creates and delivers monthly reports to customers. Works with customer and participants to address any issues that arise. Must keep up to date with the ever-changing COBRA regulations to insure compliance.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
- Analyzes COBRA Action Forms and election notices received, to verify that the form was received and also processed within the legal time guidelines, insures that the event is a COBRA qualifying event, and coverage information is correct
- Review and post COBRA payments received to determine whether payments were mailed within federal time guidelines, whether payments are the correct amount, if someone failed to pay, if it’s an NSF, if grace periods apply, and if under legal guidelines there is a significant payment variance
- Prints and mails late and termination letters at the time specified by the customer
- Sends letter, new coupons and processes Social Security Disability extensions in the WebCOBRA system as well as notifies outside carriers, if applicable
- Process new hire letters within current federal time guidelines, for those customers who elect this service
- Interfaces COBRA payment updates with other carriers to ensure timely reinstatement (continuation of coverage) and cancellation of coverage
- Assist with preparing document for onbase storage
- Maintains knowledge of special letter requirements to ensure timely mailing, i.e. special California continuation letters, special benefit option letters, etc.
- Communicates with customers to obtain rate changes for COBRA accounts
- Enters rates into system, reviews to ensure accuracy and delivers rate change letters and coupons
- Prepares requests for customers who are not billed on a PEPM basis and send to group billing
- Updates and maintains COBRA Customer Information Database (CCID) on a timely basis to reflect customer and outside carrier information, and special procedures
- Answers, responds and tracks all phone calls, emails, faxes and other communications from customers, brokers, outside carriers, and other departments on a timely basis
- Prepares monthly activity reports for customers, in a timely manner. Responsible to identify any customization necessary in benefit plans or reporting
- Reconciles monthly reports to cash collected and makes necessary adjustments to balance reports
- Represents the organization by participating in visits with existing customers and ensuring an understanding of our COBRA process and procedures
- Identifies customer needs by providing information over the phone, in writing, or in person Maintains customer relationships and provides resolution when necessary
- Backup their team members on their assigned tasks including emails
- Complete eligibility audits
- Has specific COBRA groups assigned to workload
- Assists in taking phone calls through the VCC
- Acts as a resource by providing departments within the company with a thorough understanding of the COBRA process
- Maintains working knowledge of the following systems and software: WebCOBRA ,CPS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft applications such as Outlook
- All other tasks and projects as assigned
Note: Addendums may be added to state duties, responsibilities and/or requirements unique or specific to assigned area.
Job Empl Contract Install & Implem
Primary Location US-WI-Wausau
Organization E&I UMR
Number of Openings 2