Collaborating Physician Alabama - Tuscaloosa & Perry Counties(Job Number:709589)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Physicians who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. This is your opportunity to join a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
We provide a no cost in home assessment to qualified members of our health plans called the HouseCalls Visit. During a HouseCalls visit, among other things our practitioners do a medical history, medication brown bag, review of systems, physical exam, screenings, education, diagnoses, gaps in care identification, and in some cases flu vaccinations, and a medical record is generated as a result of the HouseCall. The information is used to help identify the member’s conditions, clinical concerns, and any need for additional services. This information is used by the health plan for care management purposes, and is also shared with the member’s primary care physician.
In order for them to practice in many states, the NP or PA requires a Collaborative Agreement. The Collaborating Physician works with the non-physician providers to provide oversight and supervision consistent with applicable licensing and State requirements. This includes executing a collaborative agreement with each assigned NP/PA initially and periodically as required by State law. Additionally, Collaborating Physicians provide required review of a sample of the NP/PA medical records, with feedback provided to the NP/PA. We have created the Collaborative Agreement Team for collaborating physicians, to ensure that our physicians have an effective and convenient environment to complete their responsibilities each month, as well as adequate support of their role as a collaborating physician for one or more of our HouseCalls Practitioners.
- Execute collaborative agreement with NP/PA initially then periodically renew as required by State law thereafter
- Utilize our Web-based portal to review a specified sample (10 reviews or 10% of assessments completed by NP/PA whichever is greater) of NP/PA medical records on a monthly basis
- Provide feedback as needed to NP/PA on performance, including areas with opportunity for improvement
- Perform any other duties or services required by laws, rules or regulations relating to collaboration with the NP/PA as designated by your state
- Ability to cover state mandated number of providers, or up to 5 providers, if no mandate exists
Primary Location US-AL-Marion
Other Location US-AL-Tuscaloosa
Organization Optum Housecall Practitioners
Number of Openings 1