Collections Representative - Atlanta, GA(Job Number:700345)
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a Medical Collection Representative at Optum360, a fast-paced, high growth company within UnitedHealth Group, you will be contacting and consulting with patients and/or their families who have outstanding medical bills. You'll consult directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. Your ability to communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work(sm).
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) with our site Hours of Operation from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm or 11:00 am - 8:00 pm with one Saturday per month (8:00 am - 2:30 pm.) We do require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Contacts customers through a variety of methods (e-mail, form letters and phone calls) to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtains agreement, after discussion with customer, on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Performs research and documents on various computer systems customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Prepares and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
- May in some instances transfer settlement of account and related information to external collection agencies and remains in contact with them regarding further payment activity
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
Primary Location US-GA-Atlanta
Organization O360 Dignity Health Back Ops
Number of Openings 2