Job Title: Communications Analyst
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
Performance with Purpose (PwP) is PepsiCo's (PEP) sustainability vision focused on: transforming our product portfolio to include more nutritious food/beverage options; protecting our planet/improving the way food is made by conserving water, shrinking our environmental footprint and promoting sustainable agriculture; enriching the lives of people around the world through investments in skills training, community development and other important social programs. The company has been acting on its sustainability vision of PwP for 10 yrs and in 2016 it introduced a new set of goals for 2025 which will inform its future investment/progress/communication. The role of Analyst, Strategic Communications, is part of PepsiCo's Global Sustainability Communications team whose role is to clearly and continuously communicate the overarching vision of PwP and progress towards meeting the 2025 goals, showing the integration with our business and how it drives shareholder and stakeholder value. A primary writer/producer of PepsiCo's PwP content for distribution across a range of channels including digital, social, internal, earned, paid and shared media. An essential \"hub\" for sustainability content and a subject matter expert for all internal business partners. Work to ensure the amplification of accurate and effective PwP messaging among key corporate audiences (media, employees, influencers and informed public/consumers)
Specific, responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing stories that demonstrate progress towards meeting PwP goals and showcase examples of PepsiCo's success in sustainability
- Validating the information and crafting messaging that can then be distributed as press releases, speeches/presentations, op-eds, videos, infographics or other visual tools, internal communications stories, consumer relations responses or among PepsiCo recruits
- Contributing to the creation of PepsiCo's corporate reporting suite, including its annual sustainability report, digital platforms and GRI report
- Taking a lead role, working alongside agency support, to ensure that PepsiCo continues to be recognized as a sustainability leader through its position in key rankings and third-party lists. This includes: Strategic oversight of sustainability/reputation rankings work/Crafting and submission of PEP's data, content and applications for key lists/rankings/Measurement and executive notification of the company's performance/Design and implementation of communications strategies to leverage third-party assessments of the company
- Providing briefings and resources to cross-functional corporate PepsiCo team members to promote the company's global sustainability successes across multiple channels
- Maintaining a toolkit of PwP communications assets and resources to enable any associate to quickly, coherently and consistently tell the PwP story
- Project managing the creation of new assets, including professional photography/videos/articles/infographics and working with internal partners to adapt core PwP content as appropriate for various channels/audiences
- Assisting in maintaining up-to-date mapping of core PwP stakeholders/managing conference and other event activity involving PwP audiences/maintaining day-to-day relationships with agency support and other vendors and partners
- Bachelors' degree and 5+ yrs exp of working in communications, whether agency side or in a corporate or NGO environment
- Strong understanding of the field of corporate sustainability and social purpose, with a desire to become a true expert. Excellent writing skills and the ability to tailor content for audiences with varying degrees of familiarity with nutritional, environmental, social, economic and business topics
- Ability to translate data into a compelling, external storylines. Particularly important is the ability to translate technical information into a message or call to action for an audience with a more general interest or understanding. Superb inter-personal skills, with the ability to build diverse and highly effective relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Good news sense, with an ability to source stories and data from subject matter experts within the organization and understand how they might be used to gained earned media for PepsiCo
- Understanding of, and interest in, the effective use of digital and social channels. An understanding of sustainability reporting would be an additional advantage. Strong creative sense, particularly in the production of visual communications assets
- Experience of managing agency service providers to maintain a high quality of outputs within tight deadlines and budgets
- Agility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment. Organized and highly efficient
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 111710BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.