Job Code: 391678
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Prudential’s Group Insurance (GI) Internal Communications department is seeking a creative and experienced Internal Communications Manager, who can take a leadership role in developing and executing customized communication strategies for internal business partners. This individual will be part of the GI Internal Communications team that is responsible for providing strategy and support for employee and leadership communications. This role will report directly to the Director of Internal Communications and be based in Roseland, N.J.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for developing relationships with business leaders, providing counsel, and developing strategic communication plans and metrics to further business goals. He or she will support individual business functions and projects within GI, working in partnership with the leaders in the business to drive measurable results and create internal impact.
Critical skills for this role include: Collaborative ability, relationship management, detail orientation, excellent writing and editing skills, project management/exectution skills and the ability to engage appropriately with senior executives.
· Helps develop and execute internal communications plans that positively promotes the goals of the business and function
· Works independently to draft a wide range of moderate to complex internal communications
· Works collaboratively with the business partners and stakeholders to help them meet their project goals through communications strategy, guidance and tactics Takes ownership over driving communications for assigned business initiatives and projects
· Leverages technology and more social communication methods to enhance and support communication strategies and tactics
· Promotes continuity and consistency of communication practices across GI
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or similar discipline
· Minimum of 6-8 years of progressive experience in internal communications related positions
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to develop innovative approaches and craft creative communications
· Outstanding interpersonal, client relationship building, partnering and collaboration skills
· Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority, gain consensus among diverse groups and constituents
· Strong ability to work well in a cross-functional, team-based environment
· Ability to present concepts and communicate with clarity and impact to all levels of associates
· Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, work under tight deadlines, and function independently within a highly fast-paced environment
· Insurance Industry or Financial Services experience required. Carrier or broker experience a plus.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and PowerPoint
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications