Consulting Manager, Change Management
Job Code: 404638
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Change Manager Job Description
Prudential has been evolving its cross-business capabilities in response to customer expectations, the need to drive enhanced operational effectiveness and leverage capabilities that support growth and decrease expenses. Enabling Solutions was formed in August 2016 to drive value through greater, more efficient cross business capabilities for our customers, our company and our employees.
The Change Management Manager supports the Change Lead in ensuring that change initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person focuses on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
This role provides input to the Change Lead in the development of change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. This person will focus on execution of the change plans to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization. The Change Manager will most likely support several initiatives concurrently.
The Change Manager may provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
This person will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
• Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
• Assess the change impact
• Complete change management assessments
• Provide input to change management strategy
• Plan and execute communications
• Support training efforts
• Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation tactics
• Identify and manage anticipated resistance
• Consult and coach project teams
• Support senior leaders
• Coach managers and supervisors
• Evaluate and ensure user readiness
• Manage stakeholders
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
• Solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
• Experience with large-scale change efforts
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Team player and ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to manage multiple priorities Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
• Excellent active listening skills
• Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships- our success is dependent on building a trusting relationship with our clients
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
• Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment
• Understanding of the big picture with an ability to execute tactically
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
• Change management designation or certification a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Other