Consulting Manager, Data Analytics
Job Code: 387038
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential’s Individual Life Insurance (ILI) department is seeking a passionate predictive analytics professional to join our Data Analytics team. In this role, you will use data analytics, including segmentation and predictive models, to solve complex business challenges. You will be part of the center of excellence for ILI data analytics, and deploy these analytical skills to support the ILI businesses units in the development, enhancement and expansion of our data analytic activities. The desired candidate has:
- A passion and proven record for utilizing data analytics to solve complex business challenges
- A passion to make data analytics actionable throughout the organization
- A passion and innovative mind for identifying new opportunities for analytics
- A passion for working in a collaborative environment, within the team and with business partners
- Construct predictive models, including purchase and retention models
- Segment our customers and producers
- Mine data to uncover patterns and to identify business trends and new opportunities for using analytics
- Evaluate current data collection and recommend additional fields for capturing internal data, as well as supplementing with externally available data, to enable the creation of more robust data analysis
- Integrate and analyze multiple disparate data sources from a variety of systems, such as structured and unstructured data, Speech Analytics, social media listening, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research and secondary sources, as appropriate, with a goal to discover meaningful implications for businesses to make concrete business decisions
- Present analysis results in a non-statistical manner with appropriate conclusions and actionable insights
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science, or other analytics discipline
- Prior work experience applying statistical and machine learning techniques, as well as segmentation techniques. Experience with unstructured data is desired
- Experience analyzing large datasets using statistical analysis software, such as SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Python or R
- PowerPoint and Excel is a must. Data visualization experience desired
- Superior problem solving mindset and skills
- Strong relationship and project management skills
- Strong communication skills. Ability to present results and identify key insights from the data
- Exceptional analytical, written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of delivering actionable insights succinctly
- Conceptual thinking with the ability to discover patterns across large sets of data, and turn them into actionable business insights
- High motivation and self-starter abilities with a strong sense of accountability and dedication to excellence
- Financial services and/or life insurance industry experience is a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Other