Contract Manufacturing Assoc. Productivity Manager
Job Title: Contract Manufacturing Assoc. Productivity Manager
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
CONTRACT MANUFACTURING PRODUCTIVITY ASSOC. MANAGER
FLNA Contract Manufacturing (Co Pack) has grown to 700mm lbs. annually or 20% of the Frito-Lay total annual volume. Contract manufacturing growth continues to outpace FLNA core growth and accounts for nearly $ 2 Billion in annual revenue; over $650 MM in annual spend, over $550 MM in annual profits, with a 5% higher margin than self-produced items. The Contract Manufacturing group is a geographically and capability diverse set of organizations and companies. Contract Manufacturing manages 24 different outside companies operating in 85 different facilities in 17 different states throughout the US. There are 15 Brands represented in Contract Manufacturing with over 500 SKU's each week. FLNA \"News\" programs are heavily weighted towards Co-pack, with a 35%-50% share of new program execution.
Six (6) Industry Managers support the multiple business units including Dips, Salsa, Kettle Chips, Meat Snacks, Nuts/Seeds, Cracker Jack, Baken-ets, Plantains, 100 Cal Pack, and Multi-Pack. Industry managers act as general manager with focus on Cost, Quality, Finance, Innovation, and Productivity. The Frito-Lay Contract Manufacturing team is self-contained in that six (6) core Industry Managers are augmented by Five (5) internal Co-Pack teams managing Productivity, Service, Product Supply, Quality, Finance, Transportation and Logistics. We deeply leverage our own internal experts and systems in new ways, to reduce costs and improve quality at our partner suppliers. The productivity Associate Manager of Co-Pack operations will be responsible for supporting the Industry Managers in executing projects, on time and under budget that deliver productivity, quality improvement, and/or new products to the marketplace. Additional responsibilities include partnering with contract manufactures and Re Packers in developing an ongoing pipeline of tactics via on site ideation, support, coaching, process improvement implementation, and idea sharing.
- Identify potential projects; develop financial impact, scope of work, performance metrics, cost, and timing for projects that delivers productivity with Frito-Lay's contract manufacturers.
Work with Contract Manufacturer's team, 3rd party engineering firms, and suppliers to deliver projects on time and under budget. Person will have primary responsibility for execution of project.
- Responsible for preparing funding documents within Frito-Lay as well as negotiating contracts governing equipment ownership, exclusivity, performance, and liability with the associated contract manufacturing company.
Provide support to Industry Managers in tracking capital lease spending commitments, fall off timing, and future capital forecasting.
- Improve co-packer performance by providing training, on site facilitation, and coaching for new programs and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably consumer packaged goods
- Strong project management and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a management position
- Productivity Process Experience (Starfleet, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Continuous Improvement, etc.)
- Demonstrated Change Management skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114904BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.