Control & Reporting Senior Manager
Job Title: Control & Reporting Senior Manager
Location: Plano, TX
The Financial Reporting Sr. Manager is primarily responsible for reporting of Frito-Lay North America (FLNA) financial results to PepsiCo, ensuring the timely and accurate close of the General Ledger as well as income tax accounting (i.e. FAS109).
- Drive timely and accurate reporting of P&L results and Balance Sheet performance as well as supplementary requirements (i.e. Volume, Q schedules, A schedules, MD&A) to internal management and PEP within period end and quarter end timelines. Provide financial reporting expertise to Frito-Lay Canada and Mexicali, and consolidate results for FLNA.
- Provide detailed knowledge of balance sheet accounts and flow of transactions through quarterly balance sheet reviews. Includes responsibility for all judgmental accruals, such as vacation, bonus, group insurance, other accrued liabilities, and insurance.
- Ensure all system initiatives impacting Oracle G/L are implemented timely, while maintaining all control aspects of the system. Ensure appropriate testing is performed to eliminate any risk of financial statement misstatement or untimely delivery of results.
- Ensure accurate reporting, billing and collection for all intercompany activity, and perform all intercompany elimination entries.
- Ensure qualitative cause of change analysis to internal management on actual results compared to forecast and prior year for all non-performance (HQ General) cost centers.
- Work closely with Tax team to ensure accuracy of effective tax rates calculated and accurate reporting of current and deferred tax balances. Deliver all tax legal entity reporting through Oracle G/L.
- Identify and drive efficiencies to streamline and simplify the financial reporting process.
- Develop team members and provide challenging assignments to enhance the control talent bench.
- Ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA and Public Accounting experience required
- 7+ years accounting/public accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience and strong working knowledge of business processes and controls
- Ability to interact and present to senior leaders
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence others at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, multi-task and ensure deadlines are met
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 105368BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.