Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
- Execute strategy for plant automation and system integration, through analysis, and validation.
- Develop Electrical Controls Specifications, and Description of Operations.
- Review and audit automation designs and procurement provided by external Vendors.
- Create and implement system specification (i.e. manufacturing & warehouse system integration), test plan development, test execution and field support plans for new or modified production lines.
- Drive the effectiveness of equipment reliability analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Define systems validation requirements, develop validation documentation, generate and execute test protocols.
- Perform and or verify process/control design for projects (PLC's, Networks, Drives, Instrumentation, control panels, etc...).
- Lead cross-functional process, electrical, controls, IT, and equipment design reviews.
- Develop reporting, and visualization tools to improve operations performance.
- Work in teams to develop new products / systems controls requirements.
- Work with diverse groups such IT, External Vendors, and plant recourses.
- Provide on-site start-up engineering support during line commissioning.
- Start-up and qualify new or modified production systems.
- Project management experience handling multiple projects on accelerated timelines.
- Manage projects to ensure schedule, cost and quality.
- Site analysis, including cost estimates and scope definition.
- Prepare bid packages for System Integrators and equipment Manufacturers
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing industries with a focus on automation and control system design.
- Must have a background and be able to apply automation with a PLC
- Experience in system level validation testing/problem solving techniques.
- Exposure to industrial Networks (including Ethernet, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc).
- Experience with Rockwell, Wonderware, GE Proficy, & Warehouse WCS or equivalent HMI systems.
- Project management skills.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture.
- Superior team building and communication skills to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to reduce complex problems to simple set of solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical and business information effectively.
- Available to travel approximately 30%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114820BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.