Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
We are seeking to add an energetic, assertive, self-starter with a positive attitude to join our team as a Corporate Account Executive. The Corporate Account Executive, or “CAE”, will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. In this exciting role, you will be representing the Wilmar Brand. This is a home-based position located in Atlanta, GA.
This position focuses primarily, (nearly 100%), on the Multifamily industry; calling on the senior personnel responsible for procurement of maintenance supplies and/or the maintenance of the portfolio of apartment properties.
In general, the position will focus on 1 major metropolitan area; no more than 2 and those would be close in proximity. Developing customer relationships, optimizing existing agreements and securing new agreements are all central to this role.
High levels of local market interaction will be a key to success. Specifically, 75% of time in the field visiting with existing customers, and prospective customers; riding with the local Wilmar sales professionals visiting properties of key accounts; and maintaining an active presence in the local apartment association.
- Collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager to maintain, develop and execute on a joint “market” plan that allows for consistent local market share gains year over year
- Achieve GPD Budget – Maintain and grow an assigned portfolio of multifamily property management firms with headquarter offices in the assigned region
- Sign new Supply Agreement – Pursue multifamily management company prospects in the assigned metro; develop relationships; and work toward an eventual “supply agreement
- Achieve account profitability – Responsible for balancing the gross margin percentage with focus on full penetration of the accounts
- Ensure high level of Customer Satisfaction – Monthly account analysis and review; high levels of communication with the customer. Take ownership and resolve any and all customer complaints or open issues raised by the customer
- Local Apartment Association – Active participation in the industry association; joining 1 influential committee is preferred
- Administrative Deliverables – Log call results in the company’s CRM, (a.k.a. “START”). Maintain a pipeline report; update due 1 x per month. Prepare a monthly sales reports.
- Professional – Complete the company’s Sales training class; and on-going refresher classes. Engage in on-going learning of the Company’s sales and product programs that will help the customer achieve their goals; (a.k.a. “Supply chain solution selling” )
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Profitably grow sales for all assigned accounts & market segments by leading, developing, managing, and executing a sales strategy that supports the organization’s goals and increases the company’s market share.
- Secure profitable new account partnerships by prospecting, performing a needs analysis, developing a value based sales solution tailored to the customer’s needs, presenting a value based selling proposal, and profitably negotiating a successful close.
- Demonstrate and utilize a comprehensive knowledge of other functional departments to support the profitable growth of the business unit; effectively collaborate with additional departments such as Merchandising, Operations, Inventory Control, Credit, and Special Orders
- Strong ability to work independently and with a team
- Develop, manage, and complete sales reporting for all assigned accounts & market segments that includes weekly, monthly and quarterly results and pipeline forecasts
- Resolve customer challenges by investigating problems and developing sustainable & scalable solutions
- Monitor external environment, competitive industry trends, and identify new product/services opportunities and funnel to management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Management Groups and Apartment Communities
- Maintain a certain number of outbound phone calls per day
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
- No direct reports.
- Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
- Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
- Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
- Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Occassional travel required.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Sales & Large Account Experience:
- Proven sales track record; results oriented
- Proficient and comfortable using a solution-based sales methodology
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations at very high organizational levels and across various departments such as Purchasing, Accounting and Operations
Background or experience in electronic procurement; web, EDI, portals:
- Understanding of supply chain functionality
- Solid grasp of the use of electronic commerce in procurement
- Identify and understand business problems and opportunities
- Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Strong self organization; time management; (limited administrative assistance)
- Concise and highly professional internal reporting skills; written and verbal
- Ability to navigate the back office to find solutions, resources, information, etc.
- BS/BA preferred in related discipline; Marketing, Support Chain or Managerial Studies
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience; (50 or more accounts; revenue >$1M)
- Minimum 2 years’ large account experience
- Occasional travel required; (i.e.: national sales meeting 1 or 2 times per year; also, if an adjacent metro area is assigned, routine travel to that market may be required.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.