Corporate Strategy Associate
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
What You'll Do
The Corporate Strategy team drives ongoing development and alignment of Cisco’s strategy to extend technology leadership and customer relevance. provided by the team.
Who You'll Work With
The Chief Strategy Office partners with the Executive Leadership Team and Cisco business leaders to shape and drive Cisco’s strategy for innovation, growth, profitability and market leadership. The Corporate Strategy team drives ongoing development and alignment of Cisco’s strategy to extend technology leadership and customer relevance. The Corporate Strategy Team leads efforts to:
● Deliver insights to drive decision-making and prioritization for Cisco’s most critical business opportunities and challenges.
● Engage with Segment and Functional leaders to develop and execute strategy that capitalizes on opportunities to drive long term growth and value.
● Be a center of excellence for strategic skillsets, capabilities and thought leadership
The Chief Strategy Office is now looking for Associates to join its team. The Associates will work at Cisco’s Bay Area-based San Jose Headquarter and work closely with both the Managers and Directors of Corporate Strategy Team. The role will be an integral member of the Corporate Strategy Team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work
Who You Are
Roles & Responsibilities
● Work closely with Cisco business units and Executive Leadership Team to develop and execute strategies that drive opportunities in Cisco businesses.
● Projects include formulation of long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendation related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics, and internal business performance improvement.
● Provide ongoing coverage and build domain expertise in strategic technology areas with regular readouts to leadership team
● Work in a high performing team environment (with team members from top-tier consulting firms and top MBA schools)
● Work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic issues which are forefront in the minds of the executive leadership team.
● Gain exposure to senior-level decision making and the opportunity to establish relationships with people across the entire organization.
● Lead analyses (model building, scenario testing etc) to support business recommendations.
● Conduct market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis.
● Create insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of VPs to influence decision making.
Our Minimum Qualifications for this Role Are
● 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance
● 1+ years of experience in a top-tier top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting, PE/VC, or a similar demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
● Passion for high-tech industry
Our Desired Skills Are
● Perfect fit for someone looking for 2-3 years of experience in a rigorous analytical environment looking to build/refine a strategic toolkit before moving on to top-tier business school or an operating role in technology.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.