Country Marketing leader (Germany)
Location:Munich, Bayern, Germany
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
What You'll Do
In today’s hyper connected, always-on world, brands are fighting for customers’ attention. Cisco Marketing’s vision is be an innovative leader in real-time, personalized marketing and communication and we believe our opportunity to achieve this lies in creating unified, omni-channel digital and human experiences.
The Country Marketing Leader is a key role within the Marketing Organization with accountability to create and drive the implementation of an integrated marketing and communications plan across the country.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that the plan is aligned to overall global, EMEAR and local business. It must meet marketing and communications objectives, and drive impact and results that support the country business. You will be strongly aligned with the country sales leadership team – which is a combination of driving an appropriate balance of activities in support of the plan, and securing sales partnership of marketing execution.
You will have the accountability to deliver the marketing and communication plan and execution of the marketing plan for the country.
In this role you will:
• Build the brand – through awareness, preference and thought leadership activities
• Digital – define and execute a digital strategy across the marketing and communications plan. This encompasses social media, media buying and digital presence.
• Content strategy – working closely with the Content Managing Editor for the country and subject matter experts to define and deliver a content strategy for the country that delivers against the marketing plan which incorporates segment plans
• Segment – partner with Sales to determine segment priorities for Enterprise, Public Sector, Service Provider and Commercial to drive the country business
• Communications – agree strategy and execution with communications country lead to align to marketing, communications and business priorities
• Innovation Centre –defining and implementing a marketing plan for the innovation activity within the country.
• Oversee agency selection, performance and day-to-day management, working with the Marcoms team in EMEAR and country.
• Partners – define partner strategy with the partner lead to manage partner marketing funds (including virtual wallet), to support overall engagement plan specifically marketing knowledge and execution within the partners.
• Revenue marketing – deliver the SQL and bookings targets agreed with EMEAR VP
You will create and drive effective integrated marketing programs and technology launches across the country. Ability to align with global, regional and country objectives across sales and marketing is essential – and being able to drive stakeholder buy-in and support for the marketing investments made is critical to the success of this role.
Who You'll Work With
The team delivering the strategy and execution for the country will consist of a blend of direct and virtual reporting therefore strong collaboration skills are a must with the ability to unite a dispersed team.
Who You Are
You will bring:
• Ability to influence at all levels, including executive leaders within Global, EMEAR region and the country organization.
• Strong collaboration and management skills. Experience of successfully leading both direct and virtual teams with the ability to work collaboratively across the EMEAR region, theatre and with Global teams.
• The role has the accountability to facilitate content and best practice sharing within EMEAR and across the Global content hub model.
• Expertise in designing and executing product marketing plans for a theater/region which are closely aligned to marketing and sales priorities, delivering measurable pipeline and revenue results.
• Excellent market expertise, up to date with latest market developments and be willing to be a Cisco marketing ambassador externally.
• Experience in channel marketing through 1 and 2 tier partners is highly desirable.
• The ability to strategically contribute and manage in a cross-functional team environment with excellent organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Strong people development skills – additional qualifications (coaching etc ) an advantage.
• Create a culture of innovation across the team, encourage risk taking and accountability.
• Actively self –development for continuous improvement
• Business and marketing qualifications preferable
• Fluent in English and German
Knowledge of Cisco’s technologies, markets, customers’ challenges, and channel will be a plus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we focus on your individual strengths to create best teams. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.