Customer Engagement Manager
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Additional Location(s)uk wide
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestService Provider
The Business Entity
In Service Provider, we are the tip of the spear. We are blazing the path to Cisco's future in how we work and how we partner with our customers. We are the bridge between the network and the application-rich world of the future. Here, we work with the best technology and help create tomorrow's solutions for our customers business today. We are investing in the future. Your career opportunities here are tremendous. We learn from the best and work among the best. We are a truly global team - with global customers and global reach. We value diversity - of thought, of experience, of culture. A wealth of opportunity is available to us. We have the opportunity to challenge the status quo. To be disrupters. To think differently and embrace new challenges. We are all in!
Key member of a small but influential team driving the profitable growth & professional delivery of Services within the UK& I Global Service Provider sector.
The purpose of the Customer Engagement Manager position is the successful development and delivery of customer-specific services, strategies and associated deals which align to customer priorities and expectations while growing Cisco’s services business profitably. The role directly supports the Services Delivery Executive and Sales teams and will work closely with the services Solutions Integration Architects, Customer Operations Managers Focused Technical Support, Program & Project Managers, CoE Delivery & Practice Teams, Commercial Finance, and Cisco Sales Agents.
This critical role partners with the Cisco Sales team to ensure Cisco’s proposals and offers align with customer requirements and expectations and grow the Services Business profitably.
The role will also work closely with the COE and Services Practices teams on the alignment of strategy planning and delivery into assigned accounts. The Customer Engagement Manager is responsible for the optimal alignment and delivered value of Cisco’s services to customer’s needs and requirements. This primarily focuses on the adoption, expansion, delivery, and value realization of the entire Cisco Services portfolio. The role can also include the accountability of effectively remediating escalation issues through the engagement of Cisco resources.
• Influence customer level services strategy, in conjunction with SDE and customer sales leadership
• Contribution to account planning with account teams and SDE
• Develop delivery strategy in alignment with services strategy
• Primary point-of-contact for Sales in developing services business strategies and screening potential new offers/deals
• Responsible for identifying new Cisco Services expansion sales opportunities
• Represents all of the Cisco Services portfolio to Sales Agents and customers
• Responsible for initiating changes to services offers to better align with customer requirements
• Responsible for Change Request management with delivery agents to reduce/remove revenue leakage
• Responsible for driving profitable services business growth both revenue and margin, for assigned accounts
• Operational responsibility and accountability for driving monthly Financial and Demand Forecasting and Reporting
Specific responsibilities include:
• High level strategy review and deal screening of proactive/reactive service proposals, RFX responses, etc.
• Engage with Sales to identify options/ strategies for services offers/ proposals that meet Cisco and customer requirements
• Contributes to requirements gathering and analysis for new proposed services offers
• Supports contract development efforts with the Services Value Team
• Interlocks with Sales on Booking forecasts and sales funnel quality
• Interlocks with Sales, SIAs, and COMs on defining upsell and new services sales opportunities
• Coordinates requirements gathering and analysis for new proposed services offers
• Provide a review function to ensure all offers requiring support by the Services Value Team are screened and vetted
• Drives Services execution and deliverables for Subscription and Transaction business
• Engage with Customers and validate that delivered services meet contracted customer requirements and expectations
• Provide executive communications and reviews (e.g., QBRs; JBRs) highlighting Cisco’s value contributions
• Interlocks with Program/ Project Management teams on quality and scheduling of deliverables
• Interlocks with Sales Support and delivery resources on planning and operational performance (e.g., FTS, NOS)
• Provide management level Support to FTS for critical escalations
• Presents periodic customer reviews of Cisco’s overall services portfolio and active/planned deliverables
• Interlocks with Services COEs & Central PMO team on resource forecasting
• Interlocks with Services Practices on portfolio improvements
1. Data Analysis: Identifying patterns and trends in both quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions, solve problems, and devise solutions.
2. System & Process Fluency: Using applications/systems and standardized processes to help improve the operational efficiency.
3. Communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly, build rapport, listen effectively and apply questioning techniques to understand sales team needs and resolve issues in a timely manner while maintaining a consistent demeanour.
4. Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment.
5. Time & Productivity Management: Applying personal organizational strategies and processes to prioritize and efficiently manage work activities.
The ideal candidate has customer network operations, sales, sales support, business development, product management, and/or project management background. A minimum of 4 years of experience is required for entry positons; minimum of 8 years for senior positions.
This individual is energetic and personable, self-starter, thrives in a dynamic environment, possess the ability to manage several simultaneous designated projects.
Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
Skills required to be successful in this role include:
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of Cisco Services Portfolio
• Knowledge of Cisco Architecture solutions
• Financial analysis and forecasting skills
• Tool and Process Knowledge
• Customer Operations Models (i.e. ITIL)
• Services Portfolio knowledge
• Financial analysis and forecasting skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to negotiate to successful outcomes
• Ability to leverage business knowledge and data analyses to create actionable recommendations
• Ability to lead and manage multiple initiatives which impacting Cisco’s services to achieve profitable growth
• Ability to collaborate across multiple organizational boundaries to achieve objectives
• Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and delegate work activities and leverage indirect resources to meet objectives
• Ability to define/ implement process improvements utilizing quality assessment and improvement skills – Highly desired
• Excellent leadership, collaboration and communication skills
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.