Customer Operations Manager
Location:Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Business Entity
We are looking for Customer Operation Manager (COM) to ensure service delivery success to maximize Cisco and BTs. The COM role is instrumental to Cisco Services objective of services led interactions as a key differentiator to maximize the value of Cisco to customers and partners.
A Customer Operation Manager assigned to an account drives the account delivery relationship in conjunction with the sales account team. The COM champions the Cisco Services delivery efforts and continually ensures the value of services across the customer’s organization. The COM jointly defines objectives and measures with the customer. The COM is the voice of the customer back into Cisco.
The COM owns the senior customer and internal relationships for his/her domain, as well as the P&L for his/her domain.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Drive services success to achieve business goals and maximize opportunities;
- Lead the (virtual) delivery resources for his/her domain
- Manage the delivery to agreed metrics (e.g. Customer Sat, profitability)
Create, maintain and communicate a
customized support plan to meet the customer’s evolving needs
- Act as a proactive change agent driving continuous improvement at CISCO, the customer, and the partner.
- In cooperation with the customer, define a joint strategy to drive efficiencies in network related activities and regularly measure against these objectives;
- Build a "Trusted advisor‟ relationship between the Customer and Cisco and act as an advocate on behalf of the Customer.
- Leverage customer relationship in supporting Sales in renewals success, ensure optimal service penetration and identify up sell opportunities;
Consultative skills: the COM is able to drive initiatives and assess the customer’s organization (processes, technology evolution, technical issues, skills), is able to ask the right question and guide the customers, listens, builds a framework and provides guidance to the customers to resolve issues and to properly position our services/support offers. She/he must generate sound decisions and solutions in response to a variety of business situations. She/he has to understand the impact, address the issues and take decisions to resolve them.
• Influence and impact: in this role, the COM will engage the customers, the different partners and Cisco internal teams. The COM must be able to assess and communicate the impact of certain scenarios to each different party and influence their decision making toward the end goal. He/she must earn the trust of these parties at various levels and involve all team members in goal setting, planning, and process improvements.
• Execution: the COM role requires the delivery of exceptional results by focusing the efforts and enabling the team to succeed. He/she will set clear goals and build the capabilities needed to achieve those goals.
• Innovation: He/she must demonstrate innovative and new approaches to deliver on the services to develop business. In that perspective, the SSM must understand all Cisco offers and procedures, as well as, a Customer’s structures and challenges.
• Coaching Skills: the Customer Operation Manager should be able to build other team members’ capabilities. He/she should be perceived as the right sounding board for the customers but also for Cisco Team Members, recognized for his/her competencies and therefore be a trusted partner. He/she must think to develop his/her own and others’ skills.
• Industry Knowledge: Solid understanding of customer’s needs and future direction (business, technology & services).
- Proven combination of industry, consulting, & technology experience.
- Experience in delivering services into customers and identifying opportunities
- Ability to formulate and deliver highly complex presentations
- Solid high level internetworking technical knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ideally ITIL trained
- Further education highly desirable
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco