Customer Service Associate - Bi-lingual
Job Code: 374718
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
This is a full-time position in our El Paso, Texas location. Start date Monday, December 19th
Following a 7 week training program (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST, Monday - Friday), each new member will be placed on one of the following schedules:
All of these schedules are Monday through Friday local time:
8 AM to 4 PM
9 AM to 5 PM
10 AM to 6 PM
Our Customer Service Associates are primarily responsible for answering in-bound calls from participants of our Defined Contribution (e.g. 401(k), 403(b), 457) and/or Defined Benefit plans.
These individuals help answer general retirement related questions and questions regarding loans and disbursements. The Customer Service Associates will educate participants on rules/regulations of the plan(s); and assist in processing transactions. This position does not involve sales. Our customer service associates are the valuable front line of our business and gain the career experience, which is valued by other areas of the organization. We are looking for people who will bring much more to the position than just a voice on the other end of the phone. Our representatives are very customer-focused and work well under pressure. They gain thorough knowledge of the financial services industry, a solid understanding of the retirement products we service, learn various administrative PC systems, process certain financial transactions, and become well versed in processing requirements.
- High School Diploma required/College Degree strongly preferred
- Solid customer service experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual Fluency required (English and Spanish)
- Prior experience in a call center environment is a plus
- Prior experience in a financial services company is a plus
- Must be able to learn and retain a large amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time
- Must be receptive to detailed and frequent performance feedback
- Data entry skills and Window-based applications knowledge is required
- Proven record of dependability
- Ability to elicit a callers needs with speed and composure
- Active listening skills
- Ability to make educated, customer-focused decisions
- Ability to excel in a team environment as well as work well independently
- Organization and prioritization skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Customer Service and Call Center