POSITION PURPOSE -
- The Customer Service Representative's role is to provide quality professional customer service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations.
- The position is directly responsible for creating, maintaining and improving customer relationships while interacting with customers on a daily basis during sales and product inquiry transactions.
- Position is also directly responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales, individual service quality and various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Guides customers through their online shopping experience via chat sessions.
- Promptly assesses customer needs and proactively provides solutions.
- Assists customers with navigating through the HD websites and leads them to a product that meets their needs.
- Effectively & routinely balances multiple customers.
- Drives repeat business by providing, excellent service, accurate and thorough product and service knowledge to customers and through relationship building with customers.
- Keeps customers informed on the status of their order, reconciles errors in a cost effective manner, resolves post-order issues such as returns and follows up to ensure all customer needs are fulfilled. Meets or exceeds scorecard requirements for productivity, schedule adherence, quality and attendance.
- Completes assignments accurately despite a large workload.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Position reports to Supervisor Customer Service No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass the pre-employment Drug Test
- Must pass the pre-employment Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests, if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 00
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
- Ability to type 30 WPM without looking at the keyboard.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- College Degree preferred
- 1 year of customer service or retail sales experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
Demonstrated broad based knowledge of Home Depot product offerings preferred.
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering from any errors made.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Skilled at effectively assessing customer audience and adjusting style and tone of written correspondence to match that of the customer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.