POSITION PURPOSE -
The Customer Service Representative's role is to provide quality professional customer service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations. The position is directly responsible for creating, maintaining and improving customer relationships while interacting with customers on a daily basis during sales and product inquiry transactions. Position is also directly responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales, individual call quality and various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Answers inbound calls from customers, quickly assesses customer needs and proactively provides solutions.
- Provides superior customer service while handling inbound calls for order placement and product inquiry.
- Documents details of customer interaction into system while on the phone.
- Drives repeat business by providing, excellent service, accurate and thorough product and service knowledge to customers and through relationship building with customers.
- Keeps customers informed on the status of their order, reconciles errors in a cost effective manner, resolves post-order issues such as returns and follows up to ensure all customer needs are fulfilled.
- Meets or exceeds scorecard requirements for productivity, schedule adherence, quality and attendance.
- Completes assignments accurately despite a large workload.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
Position reports to Supervisor Contact Center
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 00
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- College Degree preferred
- 1 year of customer service or retail sales experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering from any errors made.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated broad based knowledge of Home Depot product offerings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.