Customer Support Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestProfessional Services
What You'll Do
· You'll provide 2nd/3rd level consultation to debug broad, complex unique network topologies with mixed media protocols to Cisco customers.
- · Troubleshooting complex network issues including Data Center platforms such as Nexus Switches (N9k, N7k, N5k, N3k).
- · Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
- · Provide systems/product training to customers, and contribute towards building a knowledge base for customer support and internal partners.
- · You'll be providing mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- · You will be a focal point for high impact, large account problem resolution.
- · Acting as a technical expert, you will provide support on a US/Canada and world-wide basis
- · You will determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- · Collaborates with partners, OEMs, end-users, and internal engineering departments to drive quality into the product
Who You'll Work With
The Premium HTTS team is responsible for holistically resolving challenging issues across Cisco's Technologies and Product Families our Cloud Service Providers deploy. The team provides 24x7 worldwide technical support for Cisco products
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying and troubleshooting today's most advanced Internet technologies in the Data Center environment. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco Nexus, Unified Computing and other Cisco Data Center solution based products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. You demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, and applying this to solve customer issues remotely to drive customer satisfaction. If you have patience, an empathetic view of the customer and want to advance your career contributing to customers' success while working with an industry leader in technology...this may be the role for you!
Who You Are
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent plus 4-6 years Data Center related experience.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the following areas: Data Center Networking and Data Center Products.
• You have demonstrated networking experience including TCP/IP and Routing Protocols.
• Troubleshooting experience using wireshark or other protocol analyzer.
• Minimum of CCNP or CCIE written.
• Your prior direct customer support experience is required.
• Prior experience and knowledge of SAN environment including FCoE is also desirable.
• Experience with the following products is HIGHLY desirable: Cisco Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000, 9000.
● Experience with Data Center technologies such as VPC, Fabricpath, VDC, FCOE etc.
● Knowledge of scripting.
● Full CCIE is preferred.
● Experience with VmWare or a VCP certification is preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.