Customer Support Engineer - Cisco TAC FirePOWER
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Are you pre-wired to understand what customers WANT and what they NEED to deliver business outcomes quickly? Can you do this in an environment that handles 1.4 million calls per year -- in 17 languages -- from customers in 180 countries? Do you Achieve Results? Think Analytically? Manage Conflict and Customer Experience? Make Decisions with Critical Thinking? You may be a Cisco Customer Support Engineer… and we have the People Deal for you!
Who You'll Work With
Strategically positioned within the Cisco Services Organization, Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is a team of elite technical experts whose primary focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Aligned to three geographic regions, and converging into one global, borderless TAC, we are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. We provide tireless support to our customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology expertise are second to none!
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies.
What You'll Do
* Provide technical support to our customer base to resolve moderate to highly complex issues, this during European office hours and sporadic weekend shifts
* Drive development and implementation of smart automation software tools
* Collaborate with several teams (e.g. engineering/sales) to achieve our common goal of solving our customer problems and enhancing our products
* Share your knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database
* Strive to technical excellence and expertise and act as technical expert in your domain
Who You Are
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
* Minimum 2 years of related experience involving customer exposure element, preferrably in Security Technologies (Content Security, Firewall, VPN, IDS, AAA)
* Passion for customer satisfaction
* Good technical foundation in networking is required
* Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing; other languages are a plus
* Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment
* Ability to drive to achieve goals with limited supervision
* Analytical skills
* Other technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications in the following areas are a plus: security, routing, switching, network management, email security
* Routing/Switching Protocols: CCNA equivalent knowledge/certification or higher in IP networking (understanding of standard protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SSH)
* Strong Linux/Unix skills are a plus (RedHat, FreeBSD)
* Programming skills (Python, C, C++, Shell Scripting)
#Ciscojobs; #CiscoTAC; #CiscoSecurity #CiscoKrakow
Watch the video to learn more about the culture of Cisco TAC in Krakow
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site