Customer Support Engineer - Cisco TAC Krakow
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Service Provider
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, mothers, tech geeks, father and pop culture aficionados. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Our focus on inclusion and diversity isn't just about equal opportunity, or bringing in the best talent. We also participate in initiatives to promote STEM education, inspire young students and empower women and men in building technical careers. Throughout the world, Cisco employees give generously their talent, time, and compassion in a variety of social causes. We embrace enthusiasm to help change the world and make a positive impact.
We build the future of the Internet by crafting unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides second and third level technical support to our customers around the world. We jump in to help when their network, systems or solutions experience hiccups. We assist when nobody else knows how to fix the issue.
Various technology teams exist within TAC. Here are a few examples:
- Our Video Team helps TV companies when their daily show broadcast fails;
- Our ACI team helps hospital restore the connection between the X-ray machine and the doctor;
- Our Security team helps the grocery store to recover from a cyber-attack;
- Our Cloud team helps a telecom service provider to fix an issue in rolling out new service offers.
In TAC, we continuously support our customers in making their customers' lives better. Do you want to help? We invite you to join us in this endeavor being a part of our family.
In this role, you will:
- Help: You will be a trusted technical authority. You will guide your customers in solving problems of highly complex issues in their systems, solutions or networks. You will deliver a superb experience in a difficult situation. You will collaborate with your customers over e-mail, phone, Webex,...
- Be sharp: You will be available for our customers, ready to jump into a new problem situation. You will co-operate with your customer to resolve the issue. You will maintain a high level of accuracy for all your assigned work. You will apply due diligence and prioritization.
- Learn: Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest in the field of software defined, self-orchestrating, self-optimizing networks and solutions technology space. You will get to work on technologies of tomorrow, today!
- Innovate: We will encourage you to be creative. We will give you freedom to change the way you and the team work.
- Collaborate: You are not alone. Your team members and you form a tribe together. You will collaborate with top talents across Cisco.
- Share: You will author case studies, troubleshooting guides,... You will train junior engineers. You will help others unleash their full potential.
- Broaden your outlook: You will work with our customers across the globe from different cultural, gender, lingual and technical backgrounds.
Does this sound like you?
- Problem solver: You know how to solve problems. You are analytical in your approach.
- Empathy: You're able to keep customers happy and stress level down during difficult situations. You dream about customer success.
- Technical Wizard: Obviously you are an authority in your technology field.
Here are some the skills we look for (choose the team you love!)
Cloud & Orchestration Teams: Virtualization (OpenStack), Linux networking, Netconf/Yang, NFV, NSO...
Video Providers: VOD, streaming, multicast,...
ACI: Datacenter switching, Routing protocols, Virtualization, Linux,..
Mobile Solutions (3G/4G/5G networks): Radio, SmallCells, PCRF,...
Voice Teams: Unified CallManager, UC Applications, PGW, SBC, GateKeeper, Media GW, Vision OSS BVSM (HCS and HUCS), Movius IP Unity,..
- Application Aware: You know you way around application stacks (in Linux, Unix,...). You can read scripts and can do basic programming in Python (or Erlang, Bash,...)
- Communicate: You have excellent communication skills (in English).
- Education: You are Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Computer Science or have similar experience.
Wow! We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, Erlang,...
- Cisco Certification: CCIE or CCNP in the relevant technology
- Certification in virtualization technologies (Openstack, VMware,...)
- Database experience: SQL, noSQL, Mongo, MySQL,...
- Experience working with service provider customer base
- Experience in a similar support role
And this is the way we work, live play and learn at Cisco: https://goo.gl/4D7Tfe