Customer support Engineer - Network Security
Location:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do:
High Touch Engineering Services is design to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible technical contributor delivering on our commitments. You need to be a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you are well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who You'll Work with:
Cisco Services' mission is to accelerate customer success through innovative Services and world-class people, partners, processes, and tools. Services led interactions are a key differentiator to maximize the value of Cisco to customers and partners.
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join Cisco's TS Advantage Service delivery team for enterprise accounts in India. In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and customers with all distributed elements of the service chain. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite to resolve customer issues and for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology.
Who You Are:
- Graduate in engineering/Science from reputed university with minimum 10 years of experience, at least 5 years of work experience is required on Cisco product and technologies.
- Good understanding of Cisco ACI Architecture and deployment.
- Responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions for networking environments.
- Good knowledge on the components and architecture of
- Secure access by utilizing 802.1X. Cisco TrustSec
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Architecture, solution, and components as an overall network threat mitigation and endpoint control solution.
- Server Virtualization (UCS B, UCS C, Hypervisors)
- Data Center Switching (Nexus). Storage Switching (MDS)
- WAN Optimization (WAAS)
- 3 to 5 years' experience in Cisco UCS Administration.
- Configure and deploy new UCS Domains.
- Firmware, patching and backups of UCS Domains.
- Good understanding of network and storage networks.
- Working on Virtualization (VM) based technology
- Minimum 3 years of experience with UCS Enterprise environments.
- Enterprise server management and Clustering experience.
- TCP/IP knowledge. Experience with Cisco Enterprise class servers
- Experience with UCS PowerShell scripting .Experience with standardizing server configurations (i.e CPU, RAM, RAID).
- Basic understanding of configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Previous work experience with Cisco TAC will be added advantage.
* Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer.
* Lead the troubleshooting effort on problem reported by customer on issues to restore services in timely manner.
* Customer-specific designated support at network level.
* Escalation support for critical network outages and complex network issues.
* Established Technical Relationship to support customer network operations.
* On-site visits.
* Able to assist in critical changes by reviewing MoP.
* Regular scheduled review of open Service Requests working with Cisco TAC engineer to achieve a faster resolution.
* Holistic technical management of recurring network problems.
* Enhanced service delivery capability through broad understanding of customer's operational needs and integration with assigned Cisco Services team.
* Improve communication with other functional groups within Technical Services and Sales team to focus on customer success.
* Improve relationship with customer to understand in a better way their network to provide quicker and more effective results to their requests.
* Established rapport with customer personnel.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.