Cyber Security Business Development Manager - ASEAN Digital Transformation Office
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
Cyber security is a top priority for Cisco. As an enabler of digital transformation, cyber security fosters the safe adoption of digital services within an ever-growing and complex threat landscape. The Sales Business Development/ Advisor Cyber Security role will be responsible for harnessing digital transformation to position Cisco as the leading cyber security solutions provider and partner in ASEAN. This includes establishing cyber security thought leadership and influence in Transformational Accounts, developing and promulgating Cisco cyber security architectures for key industry verticals, and orchestrating internal resources to drive Cisco cyber security offerings and pursue sales opportunities.
The objective of this position is to drive growth in ASEAN by focusing on developing and delivering consulting services to Cisco’s strategic customers. You will have a proven track record in both developing new consulting business and delivering quality consulting services, while simultaneously supporting the development of peers, intellectual capital and thought leadership.
You will arrive with a proven track
record of working on high-impact consulting or technology projects in one or
more industries, proficiency in problem solving, communication and developing
client relationships, a passion for teamwork, and a keen interest in the
digital and emerging technology trends. This consulting role will require a relentless
focus on adding value to customers by addressing their key pain points and
• Define and develop strategies and scalable, replicable execution models that harness digital transformation to build Cisco’s position as a cyber security industry and thought leader in ASEAN
• Accountable for successful
participation and execution of consulting projects
• Enroll, collaborate with, and lead internal stakeholders in executing and scaling Cisco cyber security strategies and models across functions and organizations, including GSSO, DTO, Services, Security and Trust Office, Government Affairs, and Marketing
• Consult with CxO-level customers in Transformational Accounts to build mind-share and drive preference for Cisco cyber security solutions and offerings
• Collaborate with the Vertical Practices group to develop and drive adoption of Cisco cyber security architectures
• Collaborate with the Solutions Practices group to embed cyber security offerings in horizontal solutions
• Present at industry events and conferences to build Cisco thought leadership as well as an awareness of and preference for Cisco cyber security solutions and offerings
Who You'll Work With
The Digital Transformation Group is focused on helping solve our customers’ most pressing challenges and opportunities by unleashing the power of technology, Cisco, and our partners.
We’re committed to a customer-in mindset focused on outcomes, simplicity, and scale; intent on providing value, modeling the collaboration necessary to ensure success, and working together across geographic and organizational boundaries to define joint go-to-market plans, common awareness, and enablement practices.
As champions of our customers’ voice, this team will ensure that we develop a crisp and compelling point of view when it comes to understanding and accelerating the transformation priorities in enterprises
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative and results-oriented cyber security expert with excellent executive presence and well developed communication, presentation, and leadership skills. Critically, the candidate should possess deep expertise and experience in cyber security architectures, solutions, and operations. Further he/she should bring strong business development and client relationship management skills with the capability to interact with and influence CxO and executive-level decision-makers as well as key internal stakeholders. An ability to communicate and align people within the organization, as well as build a coalition of experts who can scale and replicate customer engagement models across ASEAN is also important. The candidate must have strong consultative skills and relevant experience in implementing enterprise architecture methods and models. Ability to travel is required, but success will be driven in part by building scalable and replicable execution models in each ASEAN theater.
• 15+ years related solutions consulting experience experience.
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent or relevant working experience
• 5+ years security consulting experience; regional (APJ/ASEAN) and global experience is highly preferred
• Proven experience building mindshare and trusted advisor relationships across functions and organizations at the CxO level in multicultural environments
• Extensive cyber security knowledge including architectures, solutions, IoE cyber security requirements and Cisco and competitor product offerings
• Experience developing and implementing cyber security architectures
• Experience developing Cisco cyber security service offerings
• Demonstrated cyber security expertise in the form of publication of cyber security-related articles, white papers, videos, presentations and/or book contributions
• Expertise and experience collaborating with and leading virtual teams in APJ and global, multicultural environments
• Seasoned presenter at industry events on cyber security, IoE, and related topics
• Consulting or Technology competency and experience from top tier System Integrators, IT consulting, or other digital technology-related professional services field
• Innovative thinker – Strong use and passion for technology, understands design thinking
• Analytical thinker – Strong problem solving capabilities and follows a structured, analytical approach; Enterprise or Solution Architecture skills are a plus
• Leadership – Effectively persuade others (customers, peers, senior management, etc.) using data-based knowledge, emotional intelligence, confidence, and organizational insight.
Also important are the following attributes:
• Business Judgment – Analyzing Trends in Data/Awareness of Customer Business Trends/Awareness of End-User Application Trends/Executes against strategy to deliver desired business results
• Communication skills – Ability to consult with customers/Presents with Impact/Accurately anticipates the reactions of others/Listens actively and identifies the motives or concerns of others/Reads verbal and non-verbal cues to understand relationships and situations
• Professional Effectiveness – Analyzing and Problem Solving/Focusing on Continuous Improvement/Leveraging Cisco Information, Tools and Data Resources/Reusing Knowledge and Avoiding Redundant Effort/Following up and following through
• Learning Agility – Demonstrates capacity and desire to learn quickly/Constantly improves and changes/Manages change and ambiguity effectively/Is very flexible, adaptable, and resourceful
• Must hold active Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. Additional certifications such as GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) and Cisco Recognized Consulting Security Engineer (RCSE) preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.