Cyber Security - Global Cyber Solutions Engineer
Job Title: Cyber Security - Global Cyber Solutions Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Category: IT and Internet
The Cyber Security - Global Cyber Solutions Engineer will be responsible for designing, architecting and documenting cybersecurity solutions. The position will be tasked with designing, building, maintaining and supporting ISG security systems protecting PepsiCo information and assets globally against unauthorized access, security risks, data loss, and cyber-attacks.
This position requires broad IT background, expertise in Information Security, strong familiarity with security assessments, comprehensive knowledge of network and server infrastructure, and strong analytical, and communication skills.
- Collects and analyzes requirements for security enhancements/projects and provides project estimates
- Designs, recommends, architects and documents security solutions to mitigate risks; ensure documentation from team members meets quality standards
- Manages multiple project efforts, providing timeline, budget and estimates for work, tracking and escalating issues, defining risks and ensuring integration between various systems
- Develops solutions and ensures performance requirements are met
- Remains current with new security vulnerabilities and key technologies and recommends changes or actions to management as appropriate
- Maintains expertise to function as subject matter expert in multiple technical or business disciplines; serves as security consultant for investment projects and troubleshooting efforts
- Serves as an advocate for secure computing practices and procedures, communicating Information Security best practices throughout the company
- Bachelors or degree in Information Technology ( or a related discipline) or relevant work experience
- 8+ years of information security experience with foundational knowledge in multiple areas including SOC operations, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and SIEM technologies.
- Hands-on experience deploying security solutions with expertise in hardware, networking, operating systems, and architecture
- Experience with big data solutions (Hadoop) and integration with existing security data feeds
- Fundamental understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, etc.), and be comfortable analyzing packet capture (pcap) files in tools such as Wireshark.
- Proficiency in a Linux command line environment (awk, sed, grep, etc.) or Windows equivalent (Powershell) to analyze log files and locate anomalies.
- Substantial combination of relevant education, training, and experience in the Cyber Intelligence discipline
- Knowledge in data correlation techniques
- Designs, recommends, and architects and documents security solutions and procedures to mitigate risks; ensure documentation from team members meets quality standards
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 100879BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.