Cyber Security Triage Analyst
Job Title: Cyber Security Triage Analyst
Location: Plano, TX
Category: IT and Internet
The Cyber Security Triage Incident Response Analyst position is responsible for detecting and assessing cyber security threats and incidents across the PepsiCo's environment. The Cyber Security Triage Incident Response Analyst works among a team of skilled analysts in the Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) to address complex or difficult problems as needed within the Incident Response environment.
- Monitors SIEM and logging environments for security events and alerts to threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
- Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape by working with cyber threat intelligence (CTI) team
- Escalates cyber security events according to runbooks and standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Acts as a participant during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of one or more Incident Response Analysts
- Documenting event analysis and writing comprehensive reports of incident investigations
- Proactively provide feedback on SOC operational processes and procedures
- Maintain a professional communicative relationship with clients and management to provide information throughout the incident, problem, and change management cycles
- Proactive monitoring of internal and external-facing environment using specialized security applications
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation when required
- 5+ years of overall IT professional experience
- 3+ Experience working in a corporate SOC environment
- Thorough understanding of fundamental security and network concepts (Operating systems, intrusion/detection, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise SIEM (Splunk) or Incident Management systems
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with network monitoring in a SOC environment
- Hands-on troubleshooting, analysis, and technical expertise to resolve incidents and service requests; previous experience in troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes such as security monitoring, data correlation, security operations etc.
- Competence in using both internal and external ticketing systems for ITIL-based incident, problem and change management.
Nice to have :
- Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following security tools: host-based antivirus, anti-spam gateway solutions, firewalls, IDS/IPS, server and network device hardening, data loss prevention, forensics software, vulnerability management, website security;
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or related work experience
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, Network+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 112056BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.