Position Purpose: A Data Analyst Supply Chain leverages technical abilities to synthesize complex analytical tasks into easily understood data-driven stories. Responsible for working collaboratively with other analysts to apply established analytical processes on diverse datasets to deduce insights and solve real-world business problems. Also ensures that all reporting and analytical responsibilities are completed competently in a timely manner, continually seeking out opportunities to hone existing technical skills (e.g. writing SQL/code, statistics, machine learning, etc.) and learn new skills. Operates under the supervision and mentorship of more experienced managers and data scientists.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 30%-Executes existing reporting and analytical responsibilities
- 20%-Leverages data analytics tools to create new dashboards, reports, and any additional ad-hoc requests
- 20%-Ensures the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail
- 20%-Develops additional technical competencies and subject matter expertise within core functional group
- 10%-Presents findings in easily understood ways, focuses on how the data analytics fits into the bigger picture
Nature and Scope: This postion reports to Manager. This position has no Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications: B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Finance or related quantitative field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving. An unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying story being told within the data. Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to persuade, inform, and influence others based on findings. A track record of taking complex results and communicating them in an easily understood way. Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Work experience with SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, or comparable database systems 1-3 years work experience in data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting.
- Prior direct experience in analyzing the relevant subject matter (e.g. Supply Chain, Merchandising, Operations, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.