Data Quality Team Lead - Big Data Analytics - Telecommute(Job Number:699197)
We are currently seeking a strong Data Quality Team Lead who can apply leadership to our big data management process. The ideal candidate will have experience in the health care domain with business intelligence and big data solutions. The selected candidate must be high energy and thrive working in a "start-up" culture as we build out this new product platform.
As part of our elite team, you will play a pivotal role in leading our Data Quality initiatives to support our data management mission. As the Data Quality Team Lead you will collaborate and work with business partners in delivering data quality / governance capabilities to meet our big data analytic needs. We are looking for someone who thrives working with data, can make a difference with data, and is excited by the opportunities that big data can provide an organization.
- Work closely with the Advanced Reporting and Analytics business teams to define our data quality needs and support our Big Data activities
- Work with IT partners to identify the technology platforms and develop technology strategy to support data management, data quality and data governance including identifying, categorizing and mapping data flows
- Be our subject matter data expert and work with business analysts, business users, and database developers to understand how our big data supports strategic initiatives
- Present our data quality offerings aimed at leadership
- Identify optimization potential and best practices within the organizations and processes for data management
- Partner with IT to evaluate and determine the strategy for Data Governance toolset, and actively contribute towards the direction for Data Quality capabilities.
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of automation tools for Data Quality
- Create / develop / maintain data quality measurements
- Research complex and ambiguous data topics; Will use root cause analysis for resolution
- Communicate out to multiple audiences with professional documentation on data management and inventory
- Manage data quality documentation
- Provide data quality advisory services to the organization
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with various information support teams to leverage data value across the enterprise.
- Develop recommendations as to how the business and IT teams can constantly improve their Data Governance and Data Quality practice
- Perform research and analysis to rationalize and support the various Data Governance programs and Data Quality initiatives
- Identify and document metrics to measure and track Data Quality and the progress of Data Governance on the department
- Train and articulate to the other departmental professionals regarding the benefits and need for Data Governance and Data Quality
- Develop summarized Data Governance / Data Quality analysis and dashboards using Business Intelligence reporting
- Select, recommend and apply appropriate analytic and statistical methodologies and techniques to execute against an analysis plan or research objectives
- Organize, sort, and filter data to distinguish patterns and recognize trends
- Comply with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Provide coaching and performance improvement opportunities
- Leadership of key projects to ensure successful completion
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and articulate proposed Big Data visualization solutions
- Gather and update project materials, project documentation, business process flows, and lessons learned documentation
- Facilitate meetings; track project tasks and status; track roadblocks and issues; raise project risks; and write meeting minutes
- Adhere to UHG quality principles (responsive, accurate, concise, and strategic), style guide, and other criteria for a compelling and consistent message
- Provide quality assurance assessment for all document deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a self - directed manner in a collaborative group environment with sensitivity to tight deadlines
- Contribute to development and implementation process of proposed improvements Develop innovative approaches for achieving positive proposal response outcomes and driving response completion respective of deadline requirements
- Accountable for tracking, monitoring and reporting to senior management the results of data quality initiatives and objective milestones
- Demonstrate strong strategic technical planning skills
- Participate in issue recovery and root cause analysis of product
Primary Location US-CT-Rocky Hill
Other Location US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-San Jose, US-NV-Las Vegas, US-CA-Mountain View
Organization Advanced Research & Analytics
Number of Openings 1