JobTitle: Database Engineer
City: SAN BRUNO
The Global Technical Operations team builds and runs the infrastructure for one of the largest 24/7 e-commerce operations in the world. Our engineers take great pride in their ownership of the systems, databases, networks, and the NOC that keeps the heart of Walmart Global eCommerce beating. With billions of customers, we're here to ensure seamless performance at global scale. Whether there's an unexpected spike in performance due to site visits or new builds and releases, we bring solutions to complex challenges.
The Database Engineer role is in Database Engineering Team part of Gec Infrastructure group. This team manages all database infrastructure solutions for various mission critical Walmart Gec services.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR 4 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.