Datastage Applications Developer - Multiple Locations(Job Number:689204)
Is it important to you to create an application that will benefit millions of people? At Optum, you are empowered to do your best! You will work with an elite team to create applications using the newest and latest technologies.
If you have a solid track record for innovation and accomplishment, we are eager to speak with you! We hire talented coding professionals who are looking to advance their careers by working for the best company in the healthcare industry. You will have the most opportunities to grow and develop your career while using the skills that you have obtained thus far. Being a leader in healthcare IT, it is always challenging and exciting here at Optum in creating the healthcare system of tomorrow. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
In this role, your responsibilities will include providing day-to-day technology incident / problem management / service request / release management support of five Employer Solutions applications and one multi-group application. The applications that you will support are Parallax Analysis View 9BI); Parallax Summary View (BI); Health Plan Manager (BI); DQM/DSOMP (etl); QTNG/DSOMP (ETL); Eleanor (Serena workflow tool).
- Analysis and trouble shooting of all ETL/Bi Reporting/workflow technology issues encountered by the multiple Optum business groups
- Analyze user requirements and procedures to improve existing systems
- Review computer system capabilities and work flow in order to determine appropriate upgrades and improvements
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing for a large-scale computer system
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications and overall operating systems
- Prepare root cause analysis documents, conduct code review, and test and tune the developed jobs. Duties are performed utilizing UNIX/LINUX /Wintel OS, UNIX/LINUX Scripting, Oracle/SQL, Teradata, PERL, Datastage Parallel Extender, Java, Tomcat server, Toad, SAS, MS SSIS/SSRS, Microstrategy and Serena workflow technologies
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-CT-Rocky Hill
Other Location US-NC-Raleigh, US-MA-Boston, US-MN-Minnetonka
Organization Optum Data Management
Number of Openings 1