A DC Supply Chain Engineer supports process improvement and task-out projects for the distribution centers, typically related to cost out and productivity. An Engineer may perform operational analysis, process improvement, facility and capacity planning, and project management. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and supply chain analysis. Develops metrics for business units within Global Logistics. Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking. Supports and/or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.
- Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology.
- Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries. Identifies and develops business rules and standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes. Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.
- Provides facility and capacity planning analysis for distribution and transportation functions in Logistics.
- Reviews and recommends system/software enhancements.
- Develops metrics and key performance indicators for assigned business units
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to Manager Logistics
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Position is located in a Distribution Center environment. There will be frequent periods of standing required.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Industrial Engineering Degree or other related Engineering Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word and Visio.
- Advanced Skills in: Mini-tab, Access, SQL Visual Basic, Visio, Project, Specialized Software dependent upon position
- Project Management Skills
- Advanced Data Modeling Skills
- Finance/CBA/Capital Budget Experience
- Experience conducting time study and engineer standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Business Analysis: Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
- Adaptability: Adapts to and embraces change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations.
- Cross-functional knowledge: Uses knowledge of functional areas, organizational structure, and key business drivers to support company initiatives and long-term growth strategies, understanding individual and functional impact on the whole organization.
- Delivers Results: Demonstrates a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities. Sets and communicates high standards for achievement.
- Process Improvement: Uses Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodology to develop and execute efficient and cost effective solutions to align with the business objectives within the Logistics organization.
- Acts Strategically: Knows the contribution of each business unit and function in Logistics to business and project success. Understands and uses financial indicators/metrics to measure the performance of projects.
- Drives Excellence: Approaches problems systematically; develops solutions with sustainable and scalable results. Uses sound judgment and makes good decisions in a timely manner.
Excels in Customer Service: Thinks and Acts with a Customer Perspective
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.