A Supply Chain DC Engineer supports process improvement and task‐out projects in the distribution centers, typically related to cost out and productivity. A DC Engineer may perform operational analyses, improve processes, plan to maximize facility and capacity, andoversee local project implementation. Must be an engaged leader capable of influencing without authority, a self‐starter, detail oriented, able to manage multiple initiatives, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions within the Supply Chain organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- 40% Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and related supply chain analysis.
- 25% Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking.
- 25% Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries.
NATURE AND SCOPE - Position reports to the Manager Logistics. No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Position is located in a Distribution Center environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 02
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES - Business Analysis: Business Communication: Creative Thinking: Adaptability: Cross-functional knowledge: Delivers Results: Process Improvement: Acts Strategically: Drives Excellence: Excels in Customer Service: Inspires Achievement:
- Industrial Engineering Degree or other related Engineering Degree.
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project Word and AutoCad.
- Experience conducting time studies and the development of engineered performance standards.
- Experience engaging subject matter experts, peers, leaders and/or other partners to seek out root cause(s) and explore unconventional solutions
- Experience using flowchart & diagram software (e.g. Visio, Project)
- Experience developing relationships and consulting on projects with customers
- Experience conducting time study and engineer standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.