Execute HR plans and programs to ensure most effective utilization of HR in assigned location; interpret company HR policies and procedures, laws, and regulations; may perform duties in any of the following functional areas of HR, EEO/AAP, Staffing, Compensations/Benefits, Training, Organizational Development, and Employee Relations; may perform project work as necessary.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 30% Resolve general Associate Relations issue including conducting employee relations investigations and fact finding; administer company's correction action process in partnership with DC HR Mgr; assist with unemployment claim information and unemployment hearings
- 10% Identify breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment; interpret and provide guidance on corporate policy
- 10% Assist in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs.
- 10% Analyze HR reports, identify opportunities/trends, propose action plans
- 15% Assist line mgt. with HRIS program related training and transaction support.
- 15% Supports training initiatives and assists HRM in delivering training
- 10% Assist in the selection of leadership positions
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Human Resources Manager
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience in responding to third party litigation and unemployment claims
- Experience in administering compensation programs
- Experience in administering a company's corrective action process
- Experience in delivering formal class room training
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and employment laws, and regulations
- Skilled at conflict resolution
- Uses systematic approaches
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.