Your technology leadership can help millions of people live healthier lives.
Here, at Optum, you can showcase your passion and technical expertise among an elite team as you help to transform health care and change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Sound exciting? Absolutely! And as a Manager IT, you will bring your talent, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day to lead your team to success. If you strive to make a difference and would like to work with the leader in the health care industry, this is right the career for you. Join us! Come share who you are and let your passion for performance inspire your life's best work.(sm)
When you join us in this exciting work as a Delivery Manager you will work with leading edge technologies and manage a team of highly developed IT professionals. Your responsibilities will include forecasting and setting the team direction, resolving problems and providing guidance to members of your team to address business and operational challenges. Your commitment to drive and manage high-quality execution, operational excellence and deliver technology solutions that meet business needs and optimize customer experience will have a very important impact on the organization, and ultimately, affect the lives of millions.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to gain understanding of their business needs and adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Lead and Develop People - manage professional employees by setting team direction, resolving problems and providing guidance to members of your team
- Leverage diversity and inclusion to drive employee engagement and foster teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior by complying with applicable laws, regulations and policies and requiring the same from others
- Manage and ensure compliance with IT structures/processes/technologies
- Maintain knowledge of and leverage IT industry/marketplace technologies and trends
- Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities