Delivery- Relief Route Sales Driver (FT/Days) (CDL A required)
Job Title: Delivery- Relief Route Sales Driver (FT/Days) (CDL A required)
Location: Stockton, CA
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$20.80 per hour
Fills in as the primary store-level sales person that sells and delivers products to stores over an established route to regular customers, including convenience and gas stores, small supermarkets, drug stores, restaurants, etc. Drives a delivery bay vehicle across a wide variety of weather conditions and brings product into the store as it is sold. Responsible for generating sales by engaging in and overseeing all aspects of customer service, including ongoing rotation and stocking of products on the shelves and displays, in coolers, vending equipment, and customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Places future orders for the next scheduled stop at each account, generates invoices, and is responsible for daily settlement of cash and charges. Has frequent interaction with store management.
This position requires pushing/pulling cases ranging from 20 -- 45 pounds repeatedly throughout the day as well as kneeling, climbing, bending, reaching and walking while delivering and stocking the product.
• Sell and execute all promotions
• Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift
• Deliver products to store
• Rotate products in the backroom and on the shelf
• Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, etc.)
• Deliver customer service (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
• Merchandise all accounts to local standards
• Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• 21 years or older
• Pass the drug test
• Pass the background checks
• Valid CDL license
• Pass DOT Physical and DOT Road-test
• Pass physical capability (if applicable)
• Adhere to DOT Regulations
• Working for a retail business or grocery store (e.g., understanding store operations, knowledge of backroom/inventory, stocking aisles and shelves, etc.)
• Selling experience (e.g., introducing new products, launching promotions, establishing new points of distribution in existing accounts, making deals, etc.)
• Operating trucks requiring a CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
• Performing basic financial calculations (e.g., adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating profit percent, cost, margin, etc.)
• Operating handheld computers (e.g., inputting data, entering transactions, printing, etc.)
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.