The DesignConnect Quality Control Designer is part of a central design team located at The Home Depot store support center in Atlanta, GA. The DesignConnect team has the ability to engage and support customers online, in home and in the store. This position works with DesignConnect Designers, Trainers and Supervisors to ensure the quality of kitchen designs and supporting documentation produced by the team is to The Home Depots standards. The DesignConnect Quality Control Designer is responsible for reviewing and verifying in detail 2020 kitchen designs, site verification drawings and documents, and closing packets generated by the DesignConnect Designer team and provide analysis and corrective solutions where needed.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
-Ensures quality of all 2020 designs produced by DesignConnect Designers through review process utilizing the DC check list.
-Reviews site verification drawings and closing packets to ensure all documents are provided and correctly executed; Reviews findings with Designer and recommends corrective solutions for design projects where needed.
-Suggests related items/services that might complement the customer's project needs.
-Clearly communicates and assists in the execution of the design process with DesignConnect Designers.
-Ensures all necessary key standards paperwork is completed for all projects; Maintains accurate records of designer audits and presents to trainer.
-Stays abreast of The Home Depot products, installation and services programs and current promotions; Accountabilities include: designer quality control scores, department sales, department markdowns, project cycle time and attach rates.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Sr. Training Specialist, DesignConnect
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Proficient with 2020 Design
- 4+ years Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related design field
- 5+ years Design and Retail, Specialty Retail, Outside Sales or Trade Experience
- CKD, CBD, ASID, CMKBD or State Certification or coursework toward completion of CKD, CBD, ASID
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Advanced working knowledge of 2020
- Advanced knowledge of effective kitchen design and installation including NKBA guidelines
- Advanced Store ESVS (THD selling system) working knowledge
- Strong computer skills required for organizing information resources and designer quality score reporting
- Effective multi-tasking skills necessary for multi-channel customer contact
- Experience working in a highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Able to work cooperatively as part of a service team in order to achieve effective workload management
- Attention to detail, good follow-up skills
- Working knowledge and comfort in utilizing Microsoft Outlook and Office suite applications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.