Developmental Store Manager Mkt 281 - Baltimore, MD
JobTitle: Developmental Store Manager Mkt 281 - Baltimore, MD
- Directs the management team in facility operations and communicates with both management and hourly associates about facility operations, merchandising, and company direction.
- Drives sales in the Facility
- Drives the financial performance of the Facility
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Initiates, directs, and participates in community outreach programs, and encourages and supports Associates and managers in serving as good members of the community, including establishing and maintaining relationships with key individuals or groups in the community as the representative for the Company, presenting the Company's perspective to various external organizations following the Company's media guidelines, and championing Company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts to Associates, Customers, and the local community in order to emphasize the Facility as part of the community.
- Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to hourly Associates and managers on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for management and hourly Associates in the Facility
- Upholds the Company's Open Door Policy
- 2 years experience supervising 20 or more associates/employees to include the responsibility of performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing.
- 2 years general management experience to include financial accountability.
- For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 or more years experience running a fresh or dry grocery area.
- 4 or more years experience supervising 50 or more associates/employees to include the responsibility of performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing.
- 4 or more years general management experience to include financial accountability.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.