DevOps Security Group
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
DevOps Engineering Lead
Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a fast moving, agile engineering team that is building a new SaaS security product. We are looking for an energetic DevOps engineer to contribute to all parts of our infrastructure stack. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the production process, including continuous delivery of features, infrastructure automation, configuration management, high availability, and related tooling. Candidates will also be expected to contribute to software development and testing.
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast paced project team of engineers involved in the development of SaaS security products;
- Continuously evolve cloud infrastructure, making it more resilient, scalable and secure;
- Aggressively automate any and all manual procedures;
- Partner with the engineering organization to converge on common infrastructure setup, tooling and deployment processes;
- Research and
recommend technologies to help further product goals;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems;
- Respond to and resolve infrastructure related escalations.
Required Experience and Skills
- Proven ability to manage builds, release, and deployment in a SaaS environment with a strict SLA;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems;
- SaaS deployment and upgrade automation using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet;
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Google Deployment Manager
- Automated application of configuration changes across multi-use environments (dev, test, staging, prod, etc);
- Create and manage a safe deployment procedure of new product changes across multiple environments;
- Ability to build SaaS monitoring solutions that detect and automatically remediate system faults;
- Setting up, configuring, maintaining and evolving a continuous delivery environment using CI tools such as Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo/Spinnaker etc;
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with running production software in AWS;
· SaaS operations such as maintenance, escalations & triage;
· Debugging and troubleshooting in a distributed environment;
- BS/CS with 5+ years of DevOps experience.
Desired Experience and Skills
· Agile software development;
- Development experience in an object oriented language;
- Team player, with strong communication skills.