DevOps Senior Specialist
Job Code: 384138
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Prudential is seeking a DevOps Senior Specialist with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic input and measurable, defined outcomes in the area of DevOps encompassing release planning, software configuration management, dev2deploy automated framework and operational readiness and deployment of applications.
Additionally, this role will:
- Make provisions for environments across development, testing, staging and production
- Automate the process of transferring technology assets from one environment to another in a scalable, secure and reliable manner
- Plan, communicate and implement releases
- Champion and materialize continuous integration
This important role requires strong collaboration skills, to team with partners in product development and infrastructure groups, and sustained passion to persistently engage towards building world-class standards in operational excellence. This person will work in a fast-paced environment where multiple streams of deliverables will be rolling into production at different times and planning for their sustained performance will be essential. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly, have fun.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execution and strategic planning of all aspects of Operations including SCM, Tools, Dev2Deploy and App monitors to deliver operational excellence
- Exercising judgment within best business operations practices to design, implement and support operational standards, processes and capabilities for individual software products and services
- Working closely with development and test teams to understand requirements and applies market knowledge to arrive at build/buy solutions
- Partnering with infrastructure teams to leverage existing solutions
- Encourages value-driven innovation to current framework and processes to continuously improve efficiency of product development processes
- Operates from a mindset of end-to-end ownership working closely with Technology teams and Production Operations staff
- Partnering with Development teams to prepare for timely and smooth acceptance of deliverables into production environment
- Take up any additional responsibility as needed by business
- Overall experience of 8 years with several years in Software Operations
- Must have DevOps team experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Have a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence
- Experience with capacity/performance management, tuning and testing
- Knowledge of – System Administration, Web/App Administration, Perl/Shell scripting, DB concepts, Networking and DNS hosts, Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of systems management concepts, processes and standards
- Working knowledge of tools in SCM (github, Jenkins, svn, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate with other organizations across the business while managing customer expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Sense of humor, self awareness
- Ability to coach and mentor software operations/SCM/Support engineers and operations resources for personal and professional growth
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology