Digital Marketing Copywriter/ Email Communications Specialist 1204643
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
What You'll Do
Cisco is looking for a persona-focused content strategist experienced in lifecycle marketing who understands the customer journey and impact of all the touch points. Our team needs more than a digital marketing copywriter; we need a storyteller who is inside the heads of our customers, understanding their roles, their pain points, personal and business benefits, etc. The ideal candidate will craft core value propositions and compelling messages for each stage of the lifecycle to maximize relevance and impact, ultimately aligned to each persona.
You are ambitious. You see opportunity. You bring new ideas to the table, and you propose new initiatives to drive a richer engagement with our customers. You can take a general direction, run with it, and come back with something better.
You are very open to feedback. You know that there is wisdom in the team and you want the best results. At the same time, you’re not afraid to stand up for your ideas and you know the power of every written word.
You are a quick learner and understand the business’ KPIs. The campaigns you create will have a direct impact on the performance of these metrics.
You have experience leveraging Persona’s to personalize your messaging strategy.
- Plan and write content driving desired behavior in clear and engaging stories for our customers
- Email marketing campaigns- create a strategy, write copy, schedule campaigns, proof layouts, coordinate with the other team members involved, and study data to constantly improve results
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and execute marketing communications campaign plans and schedule
- Collaborate with design partners to influence page layout, interactions and visual design
- Coordinate content with Brand, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience
- Identify and uphold our brand voice. Evolve our tone and engage with our customer audiences to drive product trial, usage and retention
- We have email campaigns running for multiple customer segments, so the ability to keep content on-target for the audience is key
- Testing campaign performance using data and research to drive content strategy across customer journey
We have an analyst on staff but this position
needs to review requirements ahead of time and ensure insights from the reports
are presented to inform new testing and optimization requirements
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Collaboration Group is a fast growing industry leader in cutting edge solutions that change the way IT is consumed. Here, you’ll be part of a team that drives the lifecycle marketing strategy throughout our customer’s journey. We are leading the next evolution of the user experience by adding value at each touchpoint to strengthen customer engagement. You’ll collaborate with a group that is passionate about transforming the world and delivering great customer experiences.
Who You Are
- 4 year degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing Advertising, Journalism, English or other liberal arts program
- 5 years writing experience in digital marketing, focused on email, online collateral
- 2 years’ experience in the SaaS industry
- Prior experience working within Support, Sales, BizDev, DevOps and/or a PMO
- Develop messaging that speaks to the IT audience as well as non-tech end users of a product
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal)
- Accurate grammar, excellent English writing and fluent speaking is a must
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Will be required to provide portfolio examples of writing style
- Good project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Basic graphic design ability is a plus but not required
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco